[Zope] Getting BLOB data from a MySQL DB.

Terry Hancock hancock at anansispaceworks.com
Mon May 10 20:44:56 EDT 2004

On Monday 10 May 2004 06:25 pm, Jason C. Leach wrote:
> Hi, is it possible to get BLOB data from a MySQL DB and send it as a
> file to a user?  I would like to store several PDFs this way.  Linking
> to them on the HDD is not really an option.

Sure, just direct the user to a python script that calls ZSQL to get
the data and returns the unadorned BLOB data (i.e. as a string).

e.g. the python script looks something like this (takes one argument "recid" in
this example, which is supposed to identify the correct record in MySQL):

pdf_recordlist = context.get_pdf_file_record(recid='foo')  # call a ZSQL method to get the record
if len(pdf_recordlist) > 0:
    pdf_data = pdf_recordlist[0].fulltext          # the BLOB is the "fulltext" field
else:
    pdf_data = ''

return pdf_data

That sort of thing.