[Zope] Give ownerschip instead of take ownership?

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Wed May 12 16:36:20 EDT 2004

Marinussen, M.J. (Ria) wrote at 2004-5-12 10:37 +0200:
>Instead I would like to "give ownership" to them. Only the webadmin,
>with manager rights in the zope interface has to be able to do this. And
>it doesn't have to be permanent; if it's a security risk I can change
>things back to normal after I make the necessary adjustments.

Zope knows about two separate notions of "ownership":

     *  executable ownership which is abused by CMF for "Creator"

     *  the local role "Owner"

Executable ownership would only play a role for executable objects but
not content objects (such objects are in your Plone site) were it not
abuse for "Creator". The local role controls the permissions on the
object.

In your special case, you probably want to change both the
executable owner (to get "Creator" right) and reassign the
local role.

Someone else already told you how to reassign the local role.

To change executable ownership, "AccessControl.Owned.Owned"
contains the private method "changeOwnership".
As it is private, it cannot be used in TTW code.
You must use an External Method.

--
Dieter