[Zope] aq_inner and acquisition by containment only

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Thu May 13 16:13:46 EDT 2004

Stefan Bund wrote at 2004-5-12 23:31 +0200:
>Thats at least, how it is documented. Citing from the
>Zope Developer's Guide
>(http://zope.org/Documentation/Books/ZDG/current/Acquisition.stx):
>
>   You can use the special method aq_inner to access an object wrapped
>   only by containment.

When one knows what "aq_inner" does, one can make some sense of this
sentence:

    "aq_inner" is wrapped only be containment because its "aq_self"
    is not a wrapper; thus, everything left is "aq_parent".

Whatever: I have the feeling, that "aq_inner" has only one use case:
    in the idiom "aq_inner.aq_parent" gives it the object's container.

--
Dieter