[Zope] ZopeScheduler and TimerService

Laura McCord Laura.McCord at doucet-austin.com
Fri May 14 09:54:09 EDT 2004

I am trying to install this product but I am getting an error when I try
to restart zope:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/opt/zope/lib/python/Zope/Startup/run.py", line 49, in ?
    run()
  File "/opt/zope/lib/python/Zope/Startup/run.py", line 19, in run
    start_zope(opts.configroot)
  File "/opt/zope/lib/python/Zope/Startup/__init__.py", line 46, in
start_zope
    starter.setupServers()
  File "/opt/zope/lib/python/Zope/Startup/__init__.py", line 198, in
setupServers
    raise ZConfig.ConfigurationError(socket_err
ZConfig.ConfigurationError: There was a problem starting a server of
type "HTTPServer". This may mean that your user does not have permission
to bind to the port which the server is trying to use or the port may
already be in use by another application. (Address already in use)

I followed the directions by installing the ZopeScheduler in the
Products directory and the Timerserver in the python directory. I
executed the setup.py in the timerserver directory and I added the
%import timerserver ... in the zope.conf

Any reason why I am getting this error?

-Laura

Systems Programmer
Doucet & Associates, Inc.