[Zope] zope fastcgi connection

Maric MICHAUD maric at aristote.info
Sun May 16 22:04:09 EDT 2004

Jamie Heilman a écrit :

> stay on the list
>
> Maric MICHAUD wrote:
>
>>With zope 2.6... Oh ! So I think both WEBSERVER.txt and README.debian
>>need a little update... they describe PCGI, FastCGI but no mod_proxy...
>>(I used FastCGI cause it is told faster than PGCI and it's packaged for
>>debian).
>

> Debian needs a lot more than a little update, like a boot to the
> happysack, but thats neither here nor there.  I would strongly advise
> against using the Debian package for Zope.

For me it's a very good way to do, I got working zope 2.6 and plone ,in
an instance with just a apt-get command. Once understood the
zopectl.conf, two "tar xvzf" later and an instance with nuxeo CPS and
one with plone are up ! I think it's not so bad...

>>Is the mod_proxy use described in zope 2.7's WEBSERVER.txt ?
>

> No, WEBSERVER.txt is just misleading documentation that ships with
> Zope for no good reason.  Despite that FastCGI *can* be used, as
> you've found out, it doesn't really work all that well.  The
> mod_rewrite technique isn't documented in that file, but it is
> documented in the Zope Book online, which you should read, its full of
> good information.

I knew the zope book before, and did not remember of a
Where I expect to find infos about server configuration (ZB 2.6 online
chapt. 4 "Installing and Starting Zope" -
http://www.zope.org/Members/anser/apache_zserver, I think it's the good
one) I just found a very basic explanation of the idea (no example with
ProxyPass). Also, there are references to the famous WEBSERVER.txt, and
to an article on Devshed(?) which explain both PCGI and FastCGI confs
and only mentions the mod_proxy one, but at less, here you'll find a
link back to zope.org : http://www.zope.org/Members/anser/apache_zserver
where finally the method is fully exposed !
As I very often go directly to the source of Zope for documentation it's
not to surprise me, but for such a basic task (configure the server !) I
think there's surely a little problem in the documentation...