[Zope] Recommended Storage

Santi Camps santi at zetadb.com
Tue May 18 08:03:23 EDT 2004

Hi all,

I've recently seen a corruption error in a FileStorage Zope
installation.   I've been able to recover all my data with no problems,
but this causes some doubts to me.

I'm working in a bigger application that will need databases of about
5-10 Gb.    I prefer a slower and secure storage than a faster and more
unsecure one.   Reading this ZODB Storages comparisson
http://cvs.zope.org/ZODB3/Doc/storages.html?rev=1.5  it seems that
DirectoryStorage is what I need.

Any experiences about that ?  Have anybody had some problem using
DirectoryStorage over reiserfs ?  Can I put my customers data there and
sleep quiet :-) ?

Thanks in advance

Santi Camps