[Zope] How can a folder vanish?

Rupert Redington rupert at neontribe.co.uk
Thu May 20 13:13:37 EDT 2004

Chris Withers wrote:

> Was the ZODB packed around this time?

Nope, the database had not been packed for some time before this event,
I can see edits going on in the missing folder up untill a few hours
before its dissappearance.

>> Zope Version  (Zope 2.6.1 (binary release, python 2.1, linux2-x86),
>

> That would suffer from pack bugs. It also has security vulnerabilities,
> you realyl should upgrade...

I know - we're moving up and onto an new machine in the next few days -
just my luck that this should happen beforehand...

Would the vunerabilities enable this particular outcome (the deletion of
a folder without storing undo information)?

>> I have tried removing/regenerating the Data.fs.index
>> I have tried packing the database (on a backup copy of the Data.fs) -
>> (I  read somewhere this might help with a POSkey error?)
>

> Do you HAVE a POSKeyError?

Not as far as I know - but I'm not clear as to how I would find out...
I'm still wrestling to understand the ZODB diagnostic scripts...

Thanks for your thoughts

Rupert