[Zope] Session Variables disappear

Paul Winkler pw_lists at slinkp.com
Thu May 20 13:52:33 EDT 2004

On Thu, May 20, 2004 at 10:44:32AM -0700, Dennis Allison wrote:

> Zope 2.6.2b3, Py 2.1.3, Linux
>
> We use session variables everywhere and have a fairly large number of
> concurrent sessions.  Every so often the session variables go away and
> the whole house of cards collapses becasuse nearly everything depends upon
> session variables.
>
> I tried a while back to isolate the problem without success.  At that time
> someone suggestedit was a known problem open problem.  I've just checked
> the collector and did not see any open issues there.  The frustrating
> thing is that it is the irreproducable Heissenbug behavior.
>
> Can anyone shed additional light on the issue.  Is anyone else observing
> similar behavior?  Or is the problem something due to the way we are using
> session variables.

Check the zope-dev list archives, session & transience issues have been
under discussion a lot in the past few weeks. Chris McDonough and others
have  been digging into it. I'm just a bystander, but it sounds likely that
sessions in the 2.7.1 release will be much better, if not yet flawless.

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com