[Zope] audio order

Terry Hancock hancock at anansispaceworks.com
Thu May 20 21:40:18 EDT 2004

> On Fri, 2004-05-21 at 00:24, Aaron wrote:
> > I am trying to mentally figure out how zope can help manage a huge
> > archives of audio files.
[...]

On Thursday 20 May 2004 07:02 pm, Jerome R. Westrick wrote:
> > I wouldn't place the songs in Zope...
> Instead I would use LocalFS to get access to them...

I've tried this pretty successfully on my personal website.  I pulled
it because I just couldn't afford the bandwidth to stream audio files,
and it was just a lark anyway. ;-)

> You should probably look into other "Local FIle System" tools, some of
> them offer more integration into Zope as LocalFS.  Which you might want.

I specifically used the "Streaming" variant of LocalFS

I can't find this online now, although there is a product that seems
to use it:

http://zope.org/Members/morphex/media_file_system_1_0

which may be based on it?

Cheers,