[Zope] summary information using ZPT

Paul Winkler pw_lists at slinkp.com
Fri May 21 13:29:20 EDT 2004

On Fri, May 21, 2004 at 11:03:59AM -0600, Steve Jibson wrote:
> I understand how to get the repeating names and ages using ZPT, but what
>  I can't figure out is how to get the total of the ages and the
> standard deviation of the ages.
>
> I guess the real question is: "How do I provide data that is available
> via the batch summary features in dtml-in,  using ZPT?"

the "summary variables" of <dtml-in> are not provided for ZPT.
You'd have to roll your own, maybe using a Script.

For batching in general, see:
http://zope.org/Documentation/Books/ZopeBook/current/AdvZPT.stx
section "Batching Large Sets of Information"

For more details see the Batch class in the ZTUtils
module in the API reference.
http://zope.org/Documentation/Books/ZopeBook/current/AppendixB.stx

--

Paul Winkler