[Zope] 450 hits/s with 40+ TPS ..:D : Thanks to the Community

Trevor Warren trevorwarren at yahoo.com
Sun May 23 10:26:56 EDT 2004

Hello Matt,

--- Matt Hamilton <matth at netsight.co.uk> wrote:
> written in Zope, let us know.
[snip]

 I will matt. Am just back from mass and trying to get
some reading up done on Zope. Working with the Zope
book.

> It is quite easy in
> Zope to write code
> that performs badly (or rather there are some very
> simple easy
[snip]

 yeh...:D. You can say that again.

 Personally i ain't a hacker so i shouldn't be talking
about others code. On Most of the projects i have
worked on till now  "Getting the App to Perform and
Scale" has been an after thought. And this is the norm
until the Developers realise that some very basic code
ethics/golden rules haven't been followed.

 Hopefully that will change some day.

> optimizations that can be done).  We may be able to
> help you optimize
> the transaction code as well.  Especially if you
> have any loops in the
> code (e.g. fetching 100 rows from an SQL DB and
> displaying them in an
> HTML table).
[snip]

 Will be in touch. Generally using Stored Procedures,
reducing joins, tuning the db, caching db objects
until they get dirty in memory structures are
activities we perform towards getting apps to scale.

 I will surely be in touch guruji(In hindi and india
dialect it means master)...:D.

> Glad to hear you are getting some decent results at
> last :)
[snip]

 Thanks to your <grumble>:D</grumble>.

Trevor

> -Matt

=====
|  \) /    Scaling FLOSS in the Enterprise   \ (/ |
|_|_  \        trevorwarren at yahoo.com        / _|_|