[Zope] zope performance issues and it just doesn't scale

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Tue May 25 09:55:11 EDT 2004

Trevor Warren wrote:

>  A 2cpu, 1GB Ram machine, 20 users and Zope just
> doesn't scale. I don't think i want to start a flame
> war Chris.

Then why are you trolling so much? ;-)

> propogate the same here. But to accept that it Zope
> can't scale and work on it rather than tell me that
> one will have to buy more boxes to c Zope scale isn't
> acceptable.

Zope scales fine for everyone except you ;-)

>  Bottomline....it just doesn't scale.

Bullshit.

> A simple 3 page
> test give me throughput so bad i can't speak of.

Then you're doing something very wrong. But 3 static pages is a pointless use of
Zope anyway, so why bother benchamrking it?

> didn't scale...hence i tried Zeo/Zope....that didn't
> scale too(On the same machine).

Zope/ZEO on the same machine will make things slower, but will give you the
felxibility to bring in new machine and do some more interesting data import
things without any changes...

> results. Apache+Zope is something i havent looked at
> yet.

?!

>  Probably python is the issue here...

No, I think the user is the issue here...

Chris - who's having a "grumpy" day

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk