[Zope] Re: Caching and Proxy Servers

Paul Winkler pw_lists at slinkp.com
Thu May 27 10:29:23 EDT 2004

On Thu, May 27, 2004 at 03:14:52PM +0200, Nate Aune wrote:
> > Here is another question for you.  I notice in my profiling that two
> > things are just killing me.  They are:
> >
> > here/getAllowedTypes
> > portal.list_filtered_actions(here)
> >
> > I have associated both of these with a RamCache that is not very
> > restrictive (in terms of REQUEST contents, i.e. AUTHENTICATED_USER,
> > URL1) and yet they never get cached.  Any idea why?  They are python
> > scripts (in case that matters).  Any more clever ideas?

Python scripts are usually fine candidates for RAM caching.
What do you mean by "they never get cached"?  What do you see in
the cache statistics?

What exactly *is* in your REQUEST variable settings for this
cache manager?  I'd suspect something's not right there.

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com