[Zope] Re: Caching and Proxy Servers

Tiller, Michael (M.M.) mtiller at ford.com
Thu May 27 14:16:45 EDT 2004

> From: zope-bounces at zope.org [mailto:zope-bounces at zope.org] On Behalf
Of
> Subject: Re: [Zope] Re: Caching and Proxy Servers
>
> On Thu, May 27, 2004 at 03:14:52PM +0200, Nate Aune wrote:
> > > Here is another question for you.  I notice in my profiling that
two
> > > things are just killing me.  They are:
> > >
> > > here/getAllowedTypes
> > > portal.list_filtered_actions(here)
> > >
> > > I have associated both of these with a RamCache that is not very
> > > restrictive (in terms of REQUEST contents, i.e.
AUTHENTICATED_USER,
> > > URL1) and yet they never get cached.  Any idea why?  They are
python
> > > scripts (in case that matters).  Any more clever ideas?
>
> Python scripts are usually fine candidates for RAM caching.
> What do you mean by "they never get cached"?  What do you see in
> the cache statistics?
>
> What exactly *is* in your REQUEST variable settings for this
> cache manager?  I'd suspect something's not right there.

RAM Cache Settings:

Request Variables: 'AUTHENTICATED_USER', 'URL1' (each on their own line)

Threshold entries: 1000
Max. age: 3600
Cleanup interval: 300

The "URL1" is in there so that it gets cached on a per URL basis.  Is
that the right way to accomplish that?  It seems to work for everything
else.

Doesn't seem to work is defined as four hits to the same page (URL) by
the same user gives the following in my statistics section:

Entries: 0

Odd that it even mentions it?!? (with everything being zero)

--
Mike