[Zope] Override a method of an instance in the ZODB?

Alec Mitchell apm13 at columbia.edu
Thu May 27 16:46:33 EDT 2004

On Thursday 27 May 2004 01:19 pm, Small Business Services wrote:
> How about simple acquisition?
>
> eg
>
> Folder A
>
>    | --Method AAA
>    | --Folder B
>           |-- Method AAA
>
> Method AAA in Folder B will be found by acquisition before Method AAA in
> Folder A (assuming you set up the path that way).

I'm a big fan of acquisition myself, but in this case the method is generally
called in the context of the object itself e.g.:

context.acl_users.userFolderDelUsers(stuff)

Which won't acquire anything but the method.  The reason I want to avoid a
subclass or monkey patch is that I want to override what this method does for
this one instance of an already populated acl_users without changing it in
any other way.

Thanks,
Alec Mitchell