[Zope] Largefile support error

Eddie Parker eparker at freeshell.org
Thu May 27 23:50:47 EDT 2004

Hello!

Classic disclaimer here: I'm not sure if this is the right list, so I
apologize if I'm in the wrong place. Please be so kind as to redirect me,
if this is the case! :)

I'm trying to install Zope, to play around with (I've never used it
before, but a development environment that lets me run with Python easily,
is kinda nice), but I'm having an issue with Largefile support.

I'm getting the error:

"This Python interpreter does not have 'large file support' enabled. Large
file support is required to allow the default Zope ZODB database to grow
larger than 2GB on most platforms.  Either install a Python interpreter
with
large file support (see
http://www.python.org/doc/current/lib/posix-large-files.html) or run this
program again with the --ignore-largefile option to prevent this warning,
with the understanding that your Zope may fail if the ZODB database
size ever exceeds 2GB."

Now, I follow the URL, and I get a list of flags to recompile Python with.
I follow their directions (doing a make clean, with Python first), and
stuff's *still* not compiling.

I run the python interpreter, and try the 'import test.test_largefile',
and it says that the filesystem doesn't support largefile...

should I be asking a Python group about this? has anyone else run into
something similar? I'd like to get up and running with zope.. Your help
would be *most* appreciated! Thanks!

  ____
 \___  > o
     \/  O eddie parker