[Zope] ExternalEditor problem

Des Dougan des at DouganConsulting.com
Sun May 30 03:39:08 EDT 2004

I'm setting up Plone 2, and have been trying to configure the
ExternalEditor helper application on my SuSE 9 desktop. When I click on
an edit link, a temporary file is created on the PC, but the helper app
does not open the editor. However, when I run zopeedit.py on the command
line, I get a "FATAL ERROR: 'url'" message, and the file I entered as
the parameter is deleted. I've tried with several different file types,
and with my own ID and the root user, and see the same result each time.
The traceback file created has the word "None" in it - nothing else.

Can anyone shed any light on why this is failing?

Thanks,

Des
--

Des Dougan, Principal
Dougan Consulting Group

Ph: 604-980-2848       Email: des at DouganConsulting dot com

	www.DouganConsulting.com

Design - Implementation - Support