[Zope] reserved words?

Dan Cherry dscherry at bellsouth.net
Mon May 31 14:12:42 EDT 2004

On Monday 31 May 2004 01:33 pm, Chris Withers wrote:
> Mark Barratt wrote:
> > exec is a Python reserved word, I discover. Can I use it anyway through
> > some kind of escape notation in the expression, or do I have to change
> > the database and all the other scripts I've spent a happy weekend
> > writing?
>
> Change any use of python or Zope reserved words to something else, or much
> pain and suffering will be your happy reward.
>
> How'd you know what they are?
>
> Well, urm... learn python for the python ones.

If you go through the effort of looking into python and zope reserved words,
do yourself an enormous favor, and also do a little googling on naming
conventions for those languages (regarding caps, underscores, etc.), as well.

You can use 'legal' variable names that will be _very_ confusing six months or
a year from now.  If you're at the early stages, then adopting naming
standards which are in common use, will make code matainance easier, and will
make understanding other well formulated code, that much easier to
understand.

--
Dan Cherry
dscherry at bellsouth.net