[Zope] apache+zope in lan

kevinthackray at free.fr kevinthackray at free.fr
Wed Nov 3 06:55:02 EST 2004

Dear all,

I am pretty new to zope and the only thing i can't do right now to have my zope
running with the apache front end configuration : I know there are a lot of
tutorial, i followed then, but nothing can't do, here is my problem :
I have a webserver in my lan, and an openBsd as my gateway. On my openb, i have
a firewall (pf) which forward only the port 80 (blocks 8080).
Here is my apache configuration :

############################
NameVirtualHost *

<VirtualHost *>
    DocumentRoot /var/www/htdocs
    ServerName keke.epaveman.com
    RewriteEngine On
    RewriteRule ^/zope/(.*) http://localhost:8080/$1 [P,L]
    ProxyVia on
    ErrorLog /var/log/apache/zope-error_log
    CustomLog /var/log/apache/zope-access_log common
</VirtualHost>

My problem is, the firt hit is ok, but all the links are towards the base url :
http://localhost:8080/...
With the apache proxy config, I get a "better" resultat : the links are towards
the base url : http://keke.epaveman.com:8080/... (will be futher block by pf)
I installed a plone if anyone want to test : http://keke.epaveman.com/zope/blog/

If anyone have some ideas that would be great because i really would like to use
zope!!!!
regards,

kevin.