[Zope] upgrade 2.6 -> 2.7 authentication problem

Lee Harr missive at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 6 08:08:30 EST 2004

I am upgrading a number of different things on my server
and am having some troubles ... not quite sure where to
look for a solution.

The old server is FreeBSD-4.10 and Zope-2.6.1 behind
apache using pcgi.

The new system is FreeBSD-5.3. I got Zope-2.7.2 installed
and copied over my Data.fs and Products from the old
system.

Now: I can view the site, but I cannot log in.

I did not install pcgi this time, as that seems to have gone
away. I was having some trouble getting the apache rewrite
rules correct, so I am just running plain ZServer now.

I am wondering if the pcgi gateway somehow modifies the
authenitcation information ... so that I would need to be
running pcgi again in order to get in.

I tried doing "adduser" from the zopectl script, but that gave
an error -- "resource not available..." (sorry, I do not have
the exact error message here)

Any hints / suggestions appreciated.