[Zope] Authentication Dialog comes again and again

Andreas Jung lists at andreas-jung.com
Sun Nov 7 12:08:53 EST 2004

--On Sonntag, 7. November 2004 17:55 Uhr +0100 Eddy Ilg <eddy at fericom.net>
wrote:

> Hi,
>

> I created a website with Zope that has its own acl_user folder with
> different users registered. When I log onto the site everything is fine,
> but by acessing certain pages Zope asks for a login again. Then I enter
> exact the same user and password and I can access the page.
>
> How can I prevent Zope from asking me for this useless login? Why does it
> come up?

Sounds like a user or application error. If Zope authenticates you against
a user folder on some level you should have all rights accordings to your
roles defined on that level. You can not access content on a higher level
in the ZODB hierarchy. Maybe you have some permission problem. In this case
install VerboseSecurity to figure it out.

-aj