[Zope] how to isolate a grave problem with zope

Jonas Meurer jonas at freesources.org
Mon Nov 8 02:33:03 EST 2004

hello,

we have some grave problems with zope 2.6.4: it crashes every time we
put it under (some) heavy load, especially at one process, a convertion
process.

i tried to reproduce this bug in exactly the same installation on my
home machine, but this finally doesn't work.

on the machine where we encounter the problem, the problem appears in
_all_ installed zope instances, which means:
5 instances from debian/testing packages of zope 2.6.4 with python2.2
1 instance from source installation of zope 2.6.4 with python2.2
1 instance from source installation of zope 2.6.4 with python2.1

to produce the bug, i have to install TinyTablePlus (as our Products
depends on it), and some other own Products, but they are also installed
on my local server, which doesn't crash.
I stripped the Products Directory of zope down to native zope products
and TinyTablePlus, used a fresh new installation of zope, and imported
only 5 needed Products into Control_Panel/Products plus the one
Application that does the convertion.

on all 7 instances at our server zope get's crashed by the process, on
my local machine, and even on windows zope servers it doesn't.

i use everywhere exactly the same zope/tinytableplus versions, and my
local system runs debian/unstable while the server runs debian/testing.

python versions and installed modules of home and server are also
synced.

do you have any suggestions how to continue debugging, and how to
isolate the problem? maybe there are some more components that could
cause this crash, than just python (modules) and zope itself.

bye
 jonas