[Zope] Re: upgrade 2.6 -> 2.7 authentication problem

Lee Harr missive at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 8 17:24:09 EST 2004

>I am upgrading a number of different things on my server
>and am having some troubles ... not quite sure where to
>look for a solution.
>
>The old server is FreeBSD-4.10 and Zope-2.6.1 behind
>apache using pcgi.
>
>The new system is FreeBSD-5.3. I got Zope-2.7.2 installed
>and copied over my Data.fs and Products from the old
>system.
>
>Now: I can view the site, but I cannot log in.

[...]
>I tried doing "adduser" from the zopectl script, but that gave
>an error -- "resource not available..." (sorry, I do not have
>the exact error message here)

Turns out I was trying to do "adduser" with the server running.
That does not work. However, the error message is really
cryptic...

Doing adduser with the server stopped I was able to add a new
user and then start the server and log in. My username had
been replaced with "t"+username.

I hope I do not have to go through the whole site and re-add
all of the users ... Not even sure how I would go about that
since I do not know people's passwords and there is no
"rename" button for users... hmm...

Anyhow, I am in now...  Thanks for the help.