[Zope] Zope X3 install

Stephan Richter srichter at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu
Tue Nov 9 08:22:53 EST 2004

On Tuesday 09 November 2004 08:09, John Poltorak wrote:
> > that is really weird. I have never heard about this problem. Did you try
> > "make" first?
>
> Of course. No Makefile is provided so make wouldn't get very far ;-)...

Did you run "configure" first? The order is  "configure", "make", "make
install".

> > BTW, you can also call setup.py manually; All that make does is
> > call the setup.py commands.
>
> When I run make initially, should I expect to see a build sub directory
> created with three subdirectories under that?

Yeah, it should create directories for compilation, but I don't know where.

> I do anticipate some problems because of not running on a 'standard'
> platform, although Zope 2.7.3 appears to have been built successfully with
> no changes required.

As long as you have Python 2.3.4 (+devel), C++, and make, you should be fine.

> > > Am I correct in assuming that ZopeX3 should run on any platform
> > > supported by Python 2.3.4?
> >
> > As long as you can compile the C modules, yes.
>
> Which modules are these?

There are some optimizations; for example in zope.interface.

Regards,
Stephan
--
Stephan Richter