[Zope] Re: Zope 2.6.4 receives SIGHUP

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Wed Nov 10 14:24:19 EST 2004

Tres Seaver wrote at 2004-11-10 11:34 -0500:
>Jonas Meurer wrote:
>The threading implementation (LinuxThreads) of your glibc is what is
>causing the problem.

Together with broken handling of signals by Python.

> You can "fix" the problem by one of two means:

Because, Python, too, is to blame, you can also fix the problem
in Python -- e.g. with the attached patch (found in Python's bug
tracker), applied in the "Python" subfolder of the Python source tree.

The Python tracker contains a further patch for this problem the
author (of both patches) is convinced to be superior than the attached
one. This second patch moved in Python 2.4. We use the attached patch
since several months -- without problems.

--
Dieter