[Zope] Re: Location of Zope instance

Hermann Himmelbauer dusty at qwer.tk
Thu Nov 11 16:00:45 EST 2004

On Thursday 11 November 2004 17:13, Tres Seaver wrote:
> John Poltorak wrote:
> > Is there a preferred location for a Zope instance?
> >
> > And if you have several Zope instances is there a suggested way of naming
> > them? ie something like /var/zope/1 /var/zope/2 etc?...
>
> If you follow the Linux Standard Base, I think you would end up with
> something like:
>
>    - SOFTWARE_HOME:   /usr/share/Zope-2.7.3

I do it quite different: I created a user "zope" in the home directory
(/home/zope), downloaded the sources into ~/packages, compiled them there and
installed Zope into /home/zope/Zope-2.7.2.
Then I created 2 Instances into /home/zope/inst-devel
and /home/zope/inst-prod.

To my mind this has the advantage that everything is on one place, it fits
into my backup strategy and runs in user space.

Best Regards,
Hermann

x1 at aon.at
GPG key ID: 299893C7 (on keyservers)
FP: 0124 2584 8809 EF2A DBF9  4902 64B4 D16B 2998 93C7