[Zope] Re: Problem adding ZClass after upgrade to 2.7

Josef Meile jmeile at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 11 19:14:41 EST 2004

Hi Anthu,

> I just recently upgraded from 2.6 to 2.7 (running on Solaris).
> But now I can't add new ZClass objects anymore. I'm asked to login and
> then told I don't have permission.
One reason could be that you don't have the right permissions on your
file system (suposing that you are running unix/linux) -> this depends
on the message you are getting. I don't rememmber well what's the
message for this kind of error. I think is something like "file erno
permission denied". The permissions I used are read/write for the user
running zope and group owning the files, and nothing for the other users
(here I assume that you have a group for the zope user only). It will be
something like:

% chown -R zopeuser:zopeuser <ZopeRoot>
% chmod -R gu+rw <ZopeRoot>
% chmod -R o-rwx <ZopeRoot>
% find . -type d -exec chmod gu+x {} \; -> excecution perm. on folders

Then read the SETUID.txt on the doc folder to set the permissions of the
var and Data.fs if you are running zope as root.

If the permissions are right on the file system and what you are getting
is a zope "Unauthorized" exception, then try first exporting the
ZClasses, then the data on the root folder from your old zope. Finally,
import them on the a new empty zope 2.7.x install: first import the
ZClases on the Products Folder, then the data. I don't know if this
helps, but that's how I did the migration of my ZClasses on the past.

By the way, post a traceback, it will give us more clues.

> Copying, pasting, uploading new versions,etc of these objects is no
> problem.
That's strange :-(

Regards,
Josef