[Zope] Re: problem with apache virtualhost

OGURA Toshiyuki dj at oguradio.com
Fri Nov 12 23:34:54 EST 2004

Hello.

Tres Seaver wrote:
> The "stock" solution to virtual hosting behind Apache is to avoid using
> ProxyPass / ProxyPassReverse directly, and put all the logic into the
> rewrite rule, e.g.:
>
>   RewriteRule  ^(.*)$
> http://10.0.0.5:9080/VirtualHostBase/http/reducnew.uc.ve:80/reduc.uc.edu.ve/VirtualHostRoot/$1
> [L,P]
>
> (all on one line)

This works fine if the whole contents of Zope is published via Rewrite,
but I don't get the solution if I would like to publish the root
directory and certain subdirectories of Zope via Rewrite and the other
contents directly from Apache (static contents and php scripts like xoops.)
How do I have to set up httpd.conf in this situation?

e.g.
I would like to serve from Zope via Rewrite:
/ (root)
/zope ("zope" and its subdirectories)
I would like to serve directly from Apache:
/xoops ("xoops" and its subdirectories)
Apache runs on port 80 and Zope runs on port 8080.

Thanks.

--
OGURA Toshiyuki a.k.a. OGURADIO <dj at oguradio.com>
http://www.oguradio.com/