[Zope] RE: Left Menu (Frame) on ZMI not displaying (ARGH!!!!)

Paul Sue Paul.Sue at TELUS.com
Tue Nov 16 13:41:27 EST 2004

This is true enough, I copied over the Zope instance ... so then, am I to conclude
that there is no safe way to move a Zope installation to a new server?!

I mean, I checked to make sure all the RPMS on both servers (both running RH FC2)
were at same versions.  And it WAS working on the new server for 3 days before this
problem reared its ugly head....

:(

Paul

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris McDonough [mailto:chrism at plope.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 16, 2004 10:33 AM
To: Paul Sue
Cc: zope at zope.org
Subject: Re: [Zope] RE: Left Menu (Frame) on ZMI not displaying
(ARGH!!!!)

On Tue, 2004-11-16 at 10:23 -0800, Paul Sue wrote:
> Well, I moved Data.fs from the working server to the new server (after
> shutting Zope down
> on both of course) and the problem STILL persists!!!!  This is really
> frustrating .. I mean,
> it worked fine for 3 days then suddenly doesn't work .. no errors in
> logs, what the ????

The suggestion to move over Data.fs was an uneducated guess.   I'm not
suprised it didn't work.

> ANynody have any last suggestions before I resort to re-installing
> everything fresh from
> source???

But you didn't ever actually install on the system that is having
problems, did you?  You just copied the Zope files over from another
system, right?

Try installing instead.  Installing Zope from source takes about 3 - 5
minutes for me on a reasonably fast system, so it shouldn't be much of a
hardship, and will get rid of a potential "problem vector" (different
libraries or library versions being installed on the different systems).

- C