[Zope] Sharing images between different sites

John Poltorak jp at warpix.org
Wed Nov 17 17:47:51 EST 2004

On Wed, Nov 17, 2004 at 03:04:25PM -0600, J Cameron Cooper wrote:
> John Poltorak wrote:
> > Is there any way to set up an images folder which can be shared between
> > several sites under one zope instance?
> >
> > If so how would I reference them if they were all in the /images folder?
>
> Very basic acquisition design. Put the 'images' folder in the site root.
>   It will be available everywhere by acquisition. Refer to it as
> relative to wherever you are.

Does it also work in Plone sites?

I tried to include an image from '/images' in the 'left_slot'. Ended up
with this:-

    *  Module Products.PageTemplates.ZRPythonExpr, line 47, in __call__
      __traceback_info__: path(pathexpr)
    * Module Python expression "path(pathexpr)", line 1, in <expression>
    * Module Products.PageTemplates.PythonExpr, line 81, in __call__
    * Module Products.PageTemplates.Expressions, line 201, in __call__
    * Module Products.PageTemplates.Expressions, line 189, in _eval
    * Module Products.PageTemplates.Expressions, line 145, in _eval
      __traceback_info__:
    * Module Products.PageTemplates.Expressions, line 347, in
restrictedTraverse
      __traceback_info__: {'path': ['images', 'logo'],
'TraversalRequestNameStack': ['logo']}

KeyError: 'images' (Also, an error occurred while attempting to render the
standard error message.)

In my left_slots definition I have:-

/images/logo

What am I doing wrong?