[Zope] Installing DCOracle2 in AIX 5.1

Debojit Hazarika debojit.hazarika at db.com
Thu Nov 18 07:06:20 EST 2004

Hello,

I am trying to install DCOracle2 (DCOracle2-1.2.tar) in an AIX 5.1 box.

I have tried various options but it does not seem to work.

When i try to *make*  i get the below error

>make
        (cd src;  ./testora python)
-n Checking ORACLE_HOME...
passed.
-n Checking for Oracle version...
failed.
/u01/app/oracle/product/9.2.0/lib/libclntsh.so not readable; unable to
determine your oracle version.

Stop.

Later i tried to follow the instructions in the below link to install it.

http://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zope/2002-June/116009.html

But this time i got a different error message as mentioned below

>python setup.py install
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "setup.py", line 36, in ?
    raise exceptions.RuntimeError,'Python must be linked against -lpthread'
RuntimeError: Python must be linked against -lpthread

Can someone please provide me some suggestion to make this right and get
DCOracle2 installed for Oracle 9i.

Many thanks in advance,

Regards
Deb