[Zope] Give 'Extensions' a configurable directory in zope.conf

Fred Drake fdrake at gmail.com
Thu Nov 18 10:09:34 EST 2004

On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 10:17:52 -0200, Rodrigo Dias Arruda Senra
<rodsenra at gpr.com.br> wrote:
>  I believe the 'Extensions' direcrectory deserves the same rights,
>  or is there a good reason (that eludes me) for not having such a feature ?

As I understand the Extensions directory, there's currently only
support for one such directory for an instance; it's not a search path
at all.  For products, it *is* a search path, and the paths specified
by the "products" configuration field are added to that search path
(you can specify more than one in the configuration by including more
than one "products" line in zope.conf).  There's no way to *remove*
the <instance>/Products directory.

Whether or not Extensions should be a search path instead of a
directory, I don't know.  It doesn't seem entirely unreasonable, but a
patch for Zope 2.8 would make it much more likely to happen.

  -Fred

Zope Corporation