[Zope] etcUserFolder authentication fauls

vinita vigine MURUGIAH vinita at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Sun Nov 21 20:05:02 EST 2004

Hello
    I just installed  zope & plone.
zope - ver 2.7.3
cmf - 1.5.0
plone 2.0.4
python 2.3.4
etcUserFolder - 1.2.0

I created a folder (auth/) in plone (csse/), and used etcUserFolder to
validate users. Who ever I have in the password file I can see them
under /csse/auth/acl_users (not editable mode), so far so good.
Default role - tech (I defined it earlier)
Authentication type standard basic

I created a index.html file under folder auth/ and I did the following
changes in the auth/ security
1) unchecked acquire for permission view
2) checked view permission for role tech

so that when you try to view the the index.html it's ask for
authentication, but it keep failing!!!

Any help PLEASE!!

thanks

--