[Zope] Lotus Notes-like functionality/product in Zope

Cameron McCloud cameron.mccloud at gmail.com
Wed Nov 24 07:02:16 EST 2004

Hi,

I'm a big fan of Lotus Notes - we use it in our company (a development
shop) for various tracking type of databases (bugs, issues, change
control, feature requests...). Notes is quite easy to use and it is
easy to design forms and views.

I also like Zope and Plone. While Notes is good for very structured
information, it isn't great for developing portal type applications.
Ideally I'd like to have the best of both worlds - structured forms
and views that are easy to construct yet integrated into the Zope
environment with all the things that Zope is good for.

Has anyone has tried to write a very simple Notes-like product for
Zope? Is there anything out there similar? I was thinking about this
yesterday and it shouldn't be difficult to design a simple forms
editor/viewer and a "view" designer. Can anyone point me in the right
direction for going about this?

TIA,

Cameron.