[Zope] ZopeXMLMethods installation woes

Ken Ara feedreader at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 26 16:36:59 EST 2004

Thank you Dieter.

Yes, ZopeXMLMethods has a /tests folder complete with
a framework.py. The test are to determine whether the
XSLT transformers are present, among other things.

It turns out that I needed to explicitly set my
SOFTWARE_HOME before running the tests:
ken> setenv SOFTWARE_HOME
/usr/local/www/Zope/lib/python

That done, I failed all the tests.

Both the test and the product make a series of imports
from 4Suite, which is located at
/usr/local/4Suite-1.0a4. For example:

from Ft.Xml.InputSource import InputSource,
InputSourceFactory

if I try:
ken> /usr/local/www/Zope/lib/python
>>> from Ft.Xml.InputSource import InputSource,
InputSourceFactory
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
ImportError: No module named Ft.Xml.InputSource

Of course it exists, but how do I tell that to Zope?

My config:

Zope Version: (unreleased version, python 2.3.4,
freebsd4)
Python Version: 2.3.4 (#2, Sep 6 2004, 12:15:06) [GCC
2.95.4 20020320 [FreeBSD]]
System Platform: freebsd4
SOFTWARE_HOME: /usr/local/www/Zope/lib/python
ZOPE_HOME: /usr/local/www/Zope
INSTANCE_HOME: /usr/local/www/Zope/zope01
CLIENT_HOME: /usr/local/www/Zope/zope01/var

Ken