[Zope] ZopeXMLMethods installation woes

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Sun Nov 28 17:06:09 EST 2004

Ken Ara wrote at 2004-11-26 13:36 -0800:
>Both the test and the product make a series of imports
>from 4Suite, which is located at
>/usr/local/4Suite-1.0a4. For example:
>
>from Ft.Xml.InputSource import InputSource,
>InputSourceFactory
>Of course it exists, but how do I tell that to Zope?

Either, you extend the PYTHONPATH to include
the 4Suite libraries or (probably better) you
install 4Suite into Python's "site-packages" directory.

Most modern packages for Python use "dist-utils".
You recognize this when you see a "setup.py" file in the
distribution. In this case, you install via

	      <yourPython> setup.py install

This also builds all necessary extensions (4Suite may require
an extension "cDomlette")

--
Dieter