[Zope] ZopeXMLMethods installation woes

Ken Ara feedreader at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 30 09:04:51 EST 2004

Once again, thank you Dieter and others who have had
the patience to help me learn. I searched a lot but
never did find out where one should install third
party Python modules. It is often mentioned that they
should be installed using the same Python that runs
Zope, but not where to install!

I installed 4Suite and Py-XML into my SOFTWARE_HOME.
Now I can import the 4Suite modules from the command
line using Zope's python.

But when I ran the tests that come with
ZopeXMLMethods, the product is still unable to import
the necessary modules.

Maybe this is linked to the other, _new_ problem I
have:

Now, when I try to add a XSLTMethod from the ZMI, I
get the following message (before the add form can
display) :

-------------
Traceback (innermost last):
  Module Shared.DC.Scripts.Bindings, line 306, in
__call__
  Module Shared.DC.Scripts.Bindings, line 343, in
_bindAndExec
  Module Products.PageTemplates.PageTemplateFile, line
106, in _exec
  Module Products.PageTemplates.PageTemplate, line 96,
in pt_render
   - <PageTemplateFile at /M/create>
  Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 190, in __call__
  Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 234, in interpret
  Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 611, in do_loop_tal
  Module Products.PageTemplates.TALES, line 206, in
setRepeat
  Module Products.PageTemplates.TALES, line 221, in
evaluate
   - Line 70, Column 6
   - Expression: standard:'here/availableProcessors'
   - Names:
      {'container': <__FactoryDispatcher__ instance at
8f849e0>,
       'context': <__FactoryDispatcher__ instance at
8f849e0>,
       'default':
<Products.PageTemplates.TALES.Default instance at
0x89fef6c>,
       'here': <__FactoryDispatcher__ instance at
8f849e0>,
       'loop': <SafeMapping instance at 8f842c0>,
       'modules':
<Products.PageTemplates.ZRPythonExpr._SecureModuleImporter
instance at 0x8a043ec>,
       'nothing': None,
       'options': {'args': ()},
       'repeat': <SafeMapping instance at 8f842c0>,
       'request': <HTTPRequest,
URL=http://zope.myserver.com/M/manage_addProduct/ZopeXMLMethods/create>,
       'root': <Application instance at a87b3e0>,
       'template': <PageTemplateFile at /M/create>,
       'traverse_subpath': [],
       'user': ken}
  Module Products.PageTemplates.Expressions, line 201,
in __call__
  Module Products.PageTemplates.Expressions, line 189,
in _eval
  Module Products.PageTemplates.Expressions, line 145,
in _eval
   - __traceback_info__: here
  Module Products.PageTemplates.Expressions, line 340,
in restrictedTraverse
   - __traceback_info__: {'path':
['availableProcessors'], 'TraversalRequestNameStack':
[]}
Unauthorized: You are not allowed to access
'availableProcessors' in this context

This problem was mentioned recently on this list (
http://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zope/2004-November/154510.html
), but no solution was posted. The problem seems to
affect Zope 2.7.3.

I would be grateful for any hints..

Ken Ara