[Zope] Create image with PIL in Zope

David Convent david.convent at naturalsciences.be
Fri Oct 1 10:31:44 EDT 2004

Bruno Miguel Silva wrote:

>Hi,
>    I have a small script that generate a image with some text, in python with
>Python Imagin Library (PIL).
>   The problem is, i want a security image in an html page in zope, so i
>started to put the code in a External module, and now i have all kind of
>problems with that script.

for opening an image with PIL in an ExternalMethod (assuming that the
image to load is in the ZODB), i use:

from PIL.Image import *
from cStringIO import StringIO

def processImage():
    img_to_open = ImageFolder.restrictedTraverse(ImageID)
    img = open(StringIO(str(img_to_open._data)))
    [... img processing stuff come here ...]
    final_img = StringIO()
    img.save(final_img, final_img.format)
    final_img.seek(0)
    return finalmap.getvalue()

HTH

>   When i use the "ImageFont.load('pathToFont.pil')", that causes an
>Error Type: IOError
>Error Value: cannot find glyph data file
>   i don' understand, because i have the ".pbm", and it works in command line.

is it '.pbm' ? I oftenly use '.bmp'

>   So, then i try to do "ImageFont.load_path('font.pil')", and that causes a
>Error Type: IOError
>Error Value: cannot find font file
>   once again i couldn't understand because it works on command line, because
>the font file is in "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/pilfonts/"

Sorry, I never worked with fonts

--
David Convent