[Zope] LDAPUserSatellite - Misunderstood usage?

Jens Vagelpohl jens at dataflake.org
Fri Oct 1 18:06:24 EDT 2004

>  When I map
> a group to a role in the LDAPUserFolder itself, the users in the group
> get that role for the whole site.  My understanding from the docs I
> have found is that if I create a satellite in a subfolder, then I can
> map groups to roles there, and then those mappings will be in effect
> for that subfolder.  This does not seem to be working.
>
> Does anyone know what I might be doing wrong, or where my
> understanding might be flawed?

The LDAPUserSatellite augments roles. This is done either by mapping
roles that already exist on the user to new roles, or by looking up
additional group memberships (which are translated to roles) in an LDAP
tree branch you specify in its configuration.

jens

Jens Vagelpohl			jens at zetwork.com
Software Engineer			Zope - done medium rare
Zetwork GmbH				http://www.zetwork.com/