[Zope] Redirection problem

John Poltorak jp at warpix.org
Sat Oct 2 15:54:01 EDT 2004

I have a problem with URL not getting resolved properly and I'm sure it is
something related to Apache but can't figure it out properly.

I have just installed the Zope MessageBoard product and when using a full
URL such as:-

http://mysite.org:8080/myzopesite/MB

I can add a new msg OK - the URL used is:-

http://mysite.org:8080/myzopesite/MB/addMessageForm

But when using the URL http://myzopesite.org, the URL displayed on the
icon is:-

http://myzopesite.org:8080/MB/addMessageForm

This sounds like a very basic error but I can't figure out exactly what
should be changed.

Ideally, I would prefer to be able to access the message board just with

http://myzopesite.org/MB

and whilst the initial message board screen comes up none of the icons
resolve to the correct URL.

Can anyone suggest what I have ommitted?

This is the RewriteRule in Apache:-

RewriteRule ^/(.*) http://www.myzopesite.org:8080/VirtualHostBase/http/www.myzopesite.org/myzopesite/VirtualHostRoot/$1 [P,L]

Anything wrong with this?

--