[Zope] Homepage

Tino Wildenhain tino at wildenhain.de
Mon Oct 4 08:05:04 EDT 2004

hi,

On Mon, 2004-10-04 at 13:47, John Poltorak wrote:

> I'm hosting a website which has numerous references to home.htm and I'd
> prefer not to change those references if possible. I guess I could copy it
> if there is no other alternative.

Well, its alwasy not best style to use default documents
explicit in links. This is often a result of doing
the HTML in a filesystem and then uploading it unchanged
to some server. Most authoring systems support rewrite
of URLs on publishing. It looks cleaner (and works
better in most situations) if you refer to
the folder/home.htm or folder/index.htm or whatever
just via folder/  (But dont omit the slash!)

Regards
Tino