[Zope] Two Zopes versus two Zope instances

Andreas Jung lists at andreas-jung.com
Mon Oct 4 11:12:59 EDT 2004

--On Montag, 4. Oktober 2004 7:59 Uhr -0700 aa bb <haberkornj at yahoo.com>
wrote:

> Dear Zopers,
>
> On a server (P4 2,6 GHZ, 512MB, Win2k) I have an Intranet running (Zope
> 2.7.0 as service) and a preproduced utility database which came in a Zope
> 2.6.1.
>
> Would performance improve, if I ported the latter to a zope 2.7.0
> instance?

Unlikely although Python 2.3.3 is a bit faster than 2.1.3. Btw. we are
currently
at Zope 2.7.2+

> Would you advise to do so?

Why two instances? Why don#t you pack everything inside the same instance.
To speed up things:  don't run Zope in debug mode. get a fast cpu, get
enough ram.
use caching. profile your application. there is no general how to speed up
zope.
often the application design and implementation is just bad. use
ZopeProfiler
to find out bottlenecks. And consider kicking the windows plattform.

-aj