[Zope] Should the ZPT list be retired?

Fred Drake fdrake at gmail.com
Tue Oct 5 12:50:02 EDT 2004

On Tue, 5 Oct 2004 09:36:11 -0700, Bill Campbell <bill at celestial.net> wrote:
> Personally I don't like the large number of individual lists, and would
> prefer more general lists.  I don't know how many times I've picked up

Most of the time, I'm with you on this.  When the ZPT list was
created, page templates weren't part of Zope itself, but were a
separate component, and since checkin emails were sent to the list, it
served a distinct purpose.

It's completed its task; may it rest in peace.

> already get a metric tonne of Mailman subscription confirmations every
> month.

So what's one more?  I'm afraid you're in the same boat as everyone
else on this one.  Welcome to open source.  ;-)

  -Fred

Zope Corporation