[Zope] Zope instance restarting itself

Gitte Wange gitte at mmmanager.org
Wed Oct 6 07:30:12 EDT 2004

Tino Wildenhain wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Wed, 2004-10-06 at 12:39, Gitte Wange wrote:
>
>>Tino Wildenhain wrote:

>>>with zope2.6 modify the start script to
>>>have the -D at the end so zope does not
>>>detach from terminal and you see all output.
>>
>>Thanks - I missed that. So I can see that the Data.fs is STILL getting
>>truncated because of corrupted data.
>>Well I have already used fsrecovery.py (from Zope-2.6.2 because the one
>>in 2.6.1 should be broken).
>>
>>Any other good voodoo tricks to be practised? :)
>

> Dance naked in the woods when full moon....

I think people will help me if I DON'T do that ;-))

> well ;) Data.fs isnt truncated for no
> reason. Check ulimit and check disk space.
> See your system logs if there are any bad disks
> or issues with memory (heavy apps regulary
> getting sig bus or something)

Diskspace is 3.3GB left - should be plenty for now ;)
ulimit? I have never used it.
Checking logs etc doens't give me a clue that anyting could be wrong.
It's very weird since I have a lot of similar instances running on the
same machine that runs perfectly.

Oh well - I will try to start the instance on another machine to see if
it's machine problems.

Greetings,
Gitte Wange