[Zope] A couple of questions from a newbie

Leif K-Brooks eurleif at ecritters.biz
Sat Oct 9 05:41:01 EDT 2004

Hello, everyone. I've been reading up on Zope, and it's quite
interesting; I still have a couple questions that The Zope Book doesn't
answer, though.

First of all, is there any reason to use a relational database instead
of the ZODB? I would think that the ZODB would get bad performance when
filled with too many user-created objects, like forum posts; is that true?

Also, is it better for a Python script to call a page template or
vice-versa? I would think that it would be better for the template to
call the script so that other scripts and templates can use the script's
output, and so that it can be cached without caching the template's
header and footer which might be user-specific, but The Zope Book
usually has the script calling the template.