[Zope] spellchecker

garry saddington garry at joydiv.fsnet.co.uk
Sat Oct 9 15:50:14 EDT 2004

On Saturday 09 October 2004 20:32, Tino Wildenhain wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Am Sa, den 09.10.2004 schrieb garry saddington um 21:22:
> > I am trying to get the spellchecker from Noa working but am having
> > problems. Does anyone have any info on this or is there a better
> > alternative.
>
> I dont think every reader here knows about any imaginable Zope
> product by heart.
> If you want help, you should help as well. E.g.
>
> "am having problems" does say nothing.
>
> You should _always_ include in your requests:
>
> circumstances: OS, Python version, Zope version
> and 3rd party products you might have installed.
>
> Then tell us what you learned from README of the
> product you installed and outline how you followed
> it. Then provide _exact_ error messages.
>
> Chances are we could help you without the need
> to actually know the product.
>
> I dont feel like to search google for the product
> you might want to install and try it out myself
> just to verify such a fuzzy request.
>
> Regards
> Tino
There is no documentation with the product save a very brief howto and no
search results on google apart from the reference to Noa. There are few
comments in the python code so I am therefore asking for anything that anyone
may know about it. I followed the howto and all I get is a blank pop-up
window. The howto is below:

The way it works - add a spellchecker object at the top level, with id
"speller", then for a form called "addform" with a textarea named "subtitle"
you use this DTML command:

<dtml-spellchecker href="/speller" form="addform" input="subtitle">

to print out a spell checker button.

There are no error messages to help -sorry. Is there another better documented
way to spell check in zope?
Sorry for the fuzz,
regards
garry