[Zope] spellchecker

Tino Wildenhain tino at wildenhain.de
Sat Oct 9 17:24:33 EDT 2004

Hi,

Am Sa, den 09.10.2004 schrieb garry saddington um 21:50:
> There is no documentation with the product save a very brief howto and no
> search results on google apart from the reference to Noa. There are few

Well. You could at least provide the URL to the product you are talking
about. Have you tried to contact the author?

> comments in the python code so I am therefore asking for anything that anyone
> may know about it. I followed the howto and all I get is a blank pop-up
> window. The howto is below:
>
> The way it works - add a spellchecker object at the top level, with id
> "speller", then for a form called "addform" with a textarea named "subtitle"
> you use this DTML command:
>
> <dtml-spellchecker href="/speller" form="addform" input="subtitle">
>
> to print out a spell checker button.
>
> There are no error messages to help -sorry. Is there another better documented
> way to spell check in zope?

This is still far away from what is needed to help you!
You silently skipped the part of how you did the installation,
which requirements on additional software it has, how you
verified all these requirements are met.
In which context are you trying to use it? Some DTML pages
I presume?
You should be able to use external spell chekers (ispell, aspell)
with at least an external method. It highly depends on
what you want to achieve. You should however be very specific
and exthausive with your explanations!

Regards
Tino