[Zope] ZODB question - obtaining type information from known OID

Tim Peters tim.peters at gmail.com
Sat Oct 9 17:40:11 EDT 2004

[Sean Hastings]
> I am trying to track down some write conflict errors in a Product I am
> working on.
>
> The event.log is telling me (for example):
>
> ConflictError: database conflict error (oid 000000000011e870, serial was
> 0358665aa2650baa, now 0358665a4ba78c99)
>
> I would like to find out what class of object is producing the conflict, so
> I can write an _p_resolveConflict function to handle the problem, but the
> log doesn't tell me the conflicting objects type.
>
> What is the best/easiest way to get type information from the provided OID#
> ?

Useful info about FileStorage here:

    http://zope.org/Wikis/ZODB/FileStorageBackup

If you're using FileStorage, the no-brainer approach is to use
fsdump.py (see the link), and look for the oid.  There are cleverer
ways to do the specific thing you want to do right now, but learning
to use fsdump can answer many questions.