[Zope] ZCataloging without ZClasses

massimop at users.berlios.de massimop at users.berlios.de
Sun Oct 10 17:40:54 EDT 2004

On Sun, 2004-10-10 at 23:02 +0200, Dieter Maurer wrote:
> massimop at users.berlios.de wrote at 2004-10-9 18:30 +0200:
> >being the use of ZClasses frequently discouraged, I was wondering if
> >there is any way to dynamically add or reindex objects in a ZCatalog or
> >if there is any alternative.
>
> You can dynamically add and reindex objects in a ZCatalog.
>
> Look at the methods "ZCatalog" provides (almost surely,
> the methods are described in the Zope Book (2.6/2.7 edition, online)
> as well).

thanks for the answer

the chapter 'Searching and Categorizing Content' of the ZopeBook seems
to rely on ZClasses, but you made me recall of the API Reference in
Appendix, in which there's a method called 'catalog_object'

the name is promising, but I can't find any documentation yet
I'll do a bit of guessing

thanks
massimo