[Zope] Re: ZCataloging without ZClasses

bruno bruno at modulix.org
Mon Oct 11 15:56:18 EDT 2004

Vlad Berditchevskiy a écrit :
> "massimop at users.berlios.de" <massimop at users.berlios.de> writes:
>

>>very appealing (I'll take note...), but I don't feel like I'm ready to
>>build my own product yet, I'm still practicing with Zope
>

> Is there good docs which explain how to build zope products without
> ZClasses? I just finished reading "The Zope Book". Unfortunately, this
> topic is not covered there.

Then you can switch to the Zope Developper's Guide, but it may give you
the feeling that writing Zope Products is a difficult thing - and it
isn't (well, depend on what you're trying to do but...). There are some
how-to on zope.org that you may  want to read...

http://zope.org/Members/maxm/index_html/HowTo/minimal_01/
http://zope.org/Members/maxm/index_html/HowTo/minimal_02/
http://www.zope.org/Members/maxm/HowTo/easyProduct
http://www.zope.org/Members/gtk/Boring/HowTo-Boring

Reading the source code of some existing products may help. Then going
thru the source of Zope itself may help too, the API being somewhat
underdocumented.

Don't be afraid... I'm a Zope newbie too !-)
HTH
Bruno

--
bruno desthuilliers